MCLA is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects and receives. MCLA is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
Information collected on the MCLA Website, or through marketing activities or from existing client, employee, contractor and subcontractor databases will belong to MCLA and may be utilised for direct marketing activities. Under no circumstances will MCLA sell, share or rent this information in any manner to any unaffiliated third parties unless required by law.
1.The kinds of personal information that MCLA collects;
2.How MCLA collects and holds personal information;
3.The purposes for which MCLA collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
4.How you may access the personal information that MCLA holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information;
5.Disclosure of overseas recipients that MCLA uses to handle personal information;
6.Significant handling practices used by MCLA.
7.How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by MCLA and how MCLA will deal with such a complaint.
- The kinds of personal information that MCLA collects.
In the process of conducting its business, MCLA may collect a wide range of personal information, including:
- your name;
- your address;
- your date of birth;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) and, in some specific cases, copies of such identification documents, where we require these to verify your identity;
- your IP (Internet Protocol) address, server address, domain name, browser, operating system;
- information on your browsing activity when visiting our website (pages visited, time on site, number of visits, campaign tracking, search data);
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, competitions and giveaways; and
- personal preferences and household information.
- How MCLA collects and holds personal information.
MCLA collect personal information in several ways, including:
- when you pay for goods by cheque;
- when you subscribe to MCLA mailing list;
- when you enter competitions or promotions run by MCLA;
- when you provide MCLA with your details for customer care purposes;
- when you browse MCLA website;
- when you submit an enquiry using MCLA website;
- when you publicly comment about MCLA on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our services).
If you are visiting MCLA website, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including:
– the IP address of your computer (or other devices)
– your web browsing history on MCLA website
In order to provide our services, we may collect sensitive information, such as health information, only with our client’s consent.
The following Google Analytics features are implemented on this website:
⁃“Demographics & Interest Reports” : this feature allows us to better understand who our users are for users that have demographics associated with them. MCLA and our agencies use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers to collect website user information for the purposes of analysing website traffic and visitor behaviour.
⁃“Remarketing with Google Analytics”: this feature allow Google to show you advertisements based on your previous visits to MCLA website.
Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Feature – Demographics & Interest Reports and Remarketing with Google Analytics feature by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
For more information about this we encourage you to visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. MCLA will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature.
Social Networking Services
We use social networking services such as Facebook and Instagram to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for Facebook and Instagram on their websites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help MCLA provide you with a better website, by enabling them to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with MCLA. You can choose to accept or decline cookies: most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of MCLA website.
At MCLA, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- The purposes for which MCLA collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information.
The personal information you provide to MCLA is generally used to provide services to you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to keep an internal record of the transactions with each other;
- to provide you with services;
- to improve our services;
- to periodically send you promotional emails with about updates new services and special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have indicated that you would like MCLA to do so;
- to contact you for market research purposes, by email, phone, fax or mail, from time to time. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- How you may access the personal information that MCLA holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to MCLA using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing MCLA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, you may unsubscribe from our database using the “unsubscribe” function provided at the bottom of any emails previously sent to you by MCLA. MCLA will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so or with your authorisation.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on their part. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information MCLA is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email MCLA as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Disclosure of overseas recipients that MCLA uses to handle personal information.
MCLA could need to disclose your personal information to an Overseas Recipient (third party), for example in the instance of a database hosted outside Australia, or where you are interacting with a web or mobile application based overseas.
Before disclosing your personal information to an Overseas Recipient, MCLA has an obligation under APP 8.1 to take reasonable steps to ensure that the Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information, as well as an obligation under APP 6 to only disclose your personal information to an Overseas Recipient for the primary purpose for which that personal information was collected (unless an exception applies under APP 6).
At MCLA, we take all reasonable steps to select reliable and compliant Overseas Recipients. The countries to which MCLA is most likely to send your personal information include the United States of America, Canada and Ireland.
- Significant handling practices used by MCLA.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites in question.
- How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by MCLA and how MCLA will deal with such a complaint.
MCLA contacts are:
Martin Cuthbert Landscape Architecture c/o Martin Cuthbert Landscapes
17 John XXIII Avenue
Mt Claremont WA
Phone: +61 (08) 9384 9555
MCLA will try to resolve your complaint within a timely manner, and anyway letting you know who is responsible for managing your complaint. You will then be contacted to let you know how long it will take to resolve the complaint
If MCLA is unable to resolve your complaint you will be advised to make further inquiries, or make a complaint directly with the Privacy Commissioner whose contact details are found on their website http://www.oaic.gov.au/.